Pre-Purchase Building Report
A pre-purchase building inspection is as the name suggests, a report carried out before you buy a property. The report will identify significant building defects or problems and provide repair costs for the defects found. The inspector will compare the property inspected with buildings of similar age and construction and will give an overall rating for the dwelling.
What is a Pre-Purchase Building Report?
The inspector will access the roof void, the sub-floor as well as the entire building externally and internally to report on such defects as:
- Rising damp. (All inspectors carry moisture meters)
- Shower leaks. (The showers are flood tested and the surrounding areas checked for past and present leaks)
- Timber decay or termite damage.
- Cracks in external brickwork and internal walls.
- Roof tile condition.
- Sub-floor ventilation and drainage.
- Building reports are approximately 20 to 25 pages of detailed information.
- A summary is provided listing all the defects for quick reference.
- Repair costs are included for most defects found.
- Digital photos are included in the report.
- All reports are carried out by inspectors working directly for childs property inspections. We are not a broker like many other companies.
- Reports are not computer generated. Our inspectors fill out a detailed field form on site and then bring the form back to the office for typing and sending, resulting in a report that is easier to read and understand.
All our building inspectors are licenced consultants with the Department of Fair Trading and have professional indemnity insurance. Copies of the inspectors insurance policy and licence can be provided upon request.
We believe our reports are of superior quality to our competitors for a number of reasons:
or call 1300 760 325 to talk to our friendly inspectors
Property Inspection Guarantee
See photos of defects like fretting brickwork, subfloor moisture & termite damage that we've found.
view photo gallery >
We have been providing building, pest & strata inspection services since 1996 with 155+ years combined experience.
more about childs >